To access Brad Blonkvist's full profile
Extensive experience in enterprise cost reduction and global supply chain execution, including time with Thomson Reuters, Deloitte, Archstone Consulting, and as an entrepreneur, advising Chief Procurement Officers and Finance leaders in supply chain strategy, organizational design, and cost reduction.
• Transformation Program Leadership
• Global Organization Design / Governance
• Business Unit / Department Leadership
• Enterprise Cost Reduction
• Extensive Tier-1 Consulting Experience
• Partnering with critical stakeholders
• Analytic-based Insights
• Persuasive Advisor
Broad-based industry experience including Financial Services, CPG companies, and industrial manufacturers is mixed with five years in brand management prior to business school.
COMPANY NAME: Blonkvist Partners LLC
JOB TITLE: Manager / Consultant
INDUSTRY: Professional Services
CATEGORY: Professional Services
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: CPO
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Ariba
Blonkvist Partners LLC
January 2016 - Present | Stamford, CT
Supporting clients with their most important cost reduction, risk mitigation and procurement transformation objectives. Representative clients included: Bridgewater Associates, S&P Global, Nova Chemicals, and Fossil Group .
• Led $6M Source to Pay technology-support selection for $3B Consumer Products Company.
• Created global source to pay process and associated documentation for $4B North American Chemicals Company.
• Supported financial institution on reshaping their $250M ITO footprint given competing internal initiatives while managing a $70M IT Services supplier list, updating rate cards and negotiating various statements of work.
• Designed IT Procurement function for $6B Financial Institution, defining objectives, initiatives and organizational structure.
• Engaged with hedge fund, Coordinated strategy and activities between Procurement and Finance, Facilities, and Front Office Departments. Supported planning and bids for a variety of facilities and professional services categories.
Vice President of Professional Services Sourcing
June 2012 - December 2015 ( 3 years, 6 months ) | Stamford, CT
Built world-class global professional services sourcing function from nearly the ground up, advising Technology, HR and Finance Leaders on their most significant outside support needs.
Scope of responsibilities included $1.4B in professional services spend: consulting, technology services, outsourcing, HR services, contingent labor, marketing & advertising and content enablement.
Added to initial team of 11, reshaping a team of 18 to be more client-focused via “embedded model” which emphasized active deal management. Savings grew consistently from $25M in 2012 to $94M in 2015, while deal touch grew from 104 to 408.
Viewed as highly analytical with a deep understanding of organizational metrics and how to get the most from a team. Focused executives on contractor population utilized as compared to employees and benchmarks. Key accomplishments included:
• Outsourced over 4000 jobs, achieving over $40M in one-time ramp-down and rate savings
• Established global contractor management reporting (status, rates, locations, etc) on over 13,000 contractors
• Migrated to off-shore software development firms, increasing quality while reducing costs in some cases by over 50%
• Significant adjustments to employee benefits resulting in savings of $10-$14M per year • Managed team’s negotiation of audit fees, various other Big 4 assignments, and an array of technology services assignments
The Darden Business School at The University of Virginia
1995 - 1997
Darden Representative to UVA Honor Counsel
BA of Mathematics and Economics
1987 - 1991
Elected to Vanderbilt Honor Counsel