To access Simon Thornton-James's full profile
I have spent the last twelve years or so working in the procurement arena with a particular focus on marketing services. During this time I have worked with a number of major brands and "blue-chips" on both a regional and Global level.I have worked as an interim professional but currently I am employed full time within the telecomms sector.
Previous to this I managed and delivered a wide range of marketing services within both the agency and corporate sectors for a number of years, working for and with a large number of high profile clients.
The experience of working within marketing and service delivery prior to transitioning into procurement has given me real a real insight and understanding of this category and the ability to deliver real value and benefits to employers and clients alike.
JOB TITLE: Marketing Procurement Manager (EMEA)
INDUSTRY: IT & Telecommunications
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Senior
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Other
Marketing Procurement Manager (EMEA)
September 2011 - Present | Berkshire
• Management & review of €XXXM marketing spend across EMEA
• ATL/BTL & sub-category management
• Ensure proper corporate governance for vendor selection/review
• Contract (MSA) & SOW negotiation
• Ensure legal compliance
• Stakeholder engagement across multiple local markets & HO
• Drive contract compliance/audit management/contract lifecycle improvements
• Manage and support RFI/RFP projects as appropriate
• Deliver & report on cost avoidance/savings
• Risk mitigation
• Process engineering
Marketing Procurement Specialist (Interim Role)
Nationwide Building Society
July 2010 - December 2010 ( 5 months ) | Swindon
Successfully completed/negotiated a range of contracts and service
agreements covering Events, AV, Digital/Creative and Market Research. Reduction/rationalization of supply base. 3rd party compliance/contract paperwork to FSA standards. Negotiated appropriate rate card reduction (BTL activities)
Marketing Supplier Manager (Procurement), UK & Europe (Interim Role)
September 2008 - March 2010 ( 1 year, 6 months ) | Feltham
• Align with Global Spend Management Group
• Data/spend analysis
• Review of all marketing services & supply across UK & EMEA regions including
advertising/ATL/Digital, BTL including PR, DM, Print and Event Management
• Supplier Rationalization/Consolidation
• Supply re-categorisation to fit business needs
• Negotiation, RFX and e-auction processes
• Hosting supplier face-to-face meetings
• Stakeholder management and driving internal project and review team(s)
• Re-engineering creative services supply chain and processes including de-coupling
• Establish Supplier Performance Management framework
• Align with corporate brand guidelines.
• Contract establishment/reviews, SLA/KPI management.