To access Richard Price MCIPS, MIoEE's full profile
I have worked as a procurement professional for the last 15 years in both public and private organisations.
My main aims/objectives have been to:
- provide best practice procurement advice / support.
- develop sourcing strategies that produce: innovative solutions, savings (cashable and efficiencies) and mitigate risk.
- develop supply chain relationships that deliver mutual opportunities / benefits.
- initiate and support cross-functional project work and develop strategic partners to assist with delivering key objectives.
- analyse data and provide creative solutions to difficult problems.
- increase sustainable procurement awareness through policy and strategy ensuring specifications are not over specified.
- promote and represent the role of procurement at internal / external events.
- mentor and coach other people to carry out more complex and demanding work.
- review processes and internal documentation to reduce duplication and allow standardisation
- training on procurement policies and procedures and new systems.
Specialties: Strategic Sourcing & Business Planning, Managing Projects, Influencing Skills, Change Management, Negotiation, Best Practice Procurement Practices, Supplier Management / tendering techniques, eProcurement, Developing SME capabilities, UK / European Procurement Regulations, Presentation Skills.
JOB TITLE: Integrated Digital Care Record Procurement Manager
INDUSTRY: Health Care & Pharmaceuticals
CATEGORY: IT - Software
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Senior
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Oracle
Integrated Digital Care Record Procurement Manager
Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
January 2015 - Present | Plymouth, Devon
I am working within the ICT Category for a large South West Acute Hospital. My main responsibility is to procure an Integrated Digital Care Record (EPR). I am a senior member within the procurement team and advise non-procurement staff how to purchase IT systems. Part of this role is to make sure the Trust is getting value for money from the IT systems which an EPR will eventually replace.
Service Manager (Business - ICT & Property)
Somerset County Council
February 2014 - January 2015 ( 11 months ) | Taunton
Working in the Commercial & Procurement team supporting the Business portfolio. Procurement responsibility for ICT & Property categories.
Director / Owner
Price Management Consultancy Ltd
March 2012 - August 2015 ( 3 years, 5 months ) | Cullompton
Professional business advice and support to local businesses.
Senior Procurement Officer
University of Exeter
July 2006 - September 2013 ( 7 years, 2 months ) | Exeter
I worked in a strategic procurement department advising decentralised buyers on contract strategy and how to manage suppliers more effectively.
Stores & Purchasing Officer
Seabank Power Ltd
September 2000 - July 2006 ( 5 years, 10 months ) | Bristol
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Negotiating Contracts / Supplier Terms
- MRO Inventory Sourcing
- Produce Cashable Savings
- Managed Staff
- Stock Control
Ryeish Green Comprehensive
1985 - 1990