To access Richard Hughes MCIPS's full profile
Hughes Procurement Ltd is an independent company established in 2011 to provide procurement consultancy and training services to suppliers in the public, private and charitable sectors.
Our mission is to provide our clients with a world-class service to ensure they have the skills and knowledge they need to win contracts and grow their businesses.
We specialize in working with clients on an individual or joint organisation basis in order to understand where they are and what they want to achieve. We excel in providing tailored and structured services to suit our customers’ needs.
The company’s founder and chief consultant Richard Hughes MCIPS has 20 years’ experience in growing and managing procurement and commissioning teams with a strong focus on enhancing performance and securing value.
The training sessions we offer provide expert advice and guidance on the UK’s procurement rules and policies. Prior to the training we work closely with clients to understand their specific needs based around the following flexible structure:
• Understanding clearly and simply how procurement works in the UK
• The strategies buyers implement to source markets and select suppliers
• The tender evaluation process and how to make it work to your advantage
• The mistakes bidders usually make and how to avoid them
• Achieving the right balance between providing financial and social value
• How to communicate effectively with buyers throughout the bidding process
• Addressing buyers’ sustainable and ethical procurement requirements
• How commissioners differentiate between contracts and grants
• Operating within the State Aid rules and how not get caught out by them
We also offer consultancy services for organisations involved in awarding or tendering for contracts. We work alongside clients during one or more of the following key stages as required:
• Market sourcing and supplier selection
• Tender submission and evaluation (including dialogue and negotiation)
• Contract award and supplier feedback
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or on 07427 486 140 to talk about how we can help you.
JOB TITLE: Director
FUNCTION: Consultancy, Strategy, & Transformation
INDUSTRY: Business Services & Consulting
CATEGORY: HR - Generalist
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: CEO
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Other
Hughes Procurement Ltd
September 2011 - Present ( 8 years, 3 months ) | Derbyshire, UK