To access Philip Wood's full profile
JOB TITLE: Director
INDUSTRY: IT & Telecommunications
CATEGORY: Professional Services
February 2009 - Present
Strategic Sourcing Executive managing a team of Procurement Business Partners responsible for relationships across the Microsoft Office Division, Microsoft Business Solutions and Microsoft's US Sales and Marketing Group. My team is directly aligned with the strategic priorities of our main business customers, whose indirect spend is over $2.5bn dollars. We provide sourcing best practices for the delivery of strategic third party relationships.
August 2004 - February 2009 ( 4 years, 6 months )
August 2004 - October 2006 ( 2 years, 2 months )
Managing Strategic Sourcing initiatives and Commodity Management for multiple lines of business including Retail Bank Deposit Products and Services, Consumer Lending, Credit Card and Corporate Risk. Reducing costs across selected business areas saving in excess of $30 million annually.
• Managing a team of Sourcing Managers with responsibility across multiple lines of business and over $1bn in vendor spend
August 2002 - September 2004 ( 2 years, 1 month )
Managed Strategic Sourcing initiatives and Category Management for multiple key categories including Telecommunications, Fleet Leasing, Maintenance/Repairs/Operations (MRO), Printed Materials and Drug and Background Screening. Reduced costs 10 50% across selected business areas saving in excess of $10 million annually.
March 2002 - August 2002 ( 5 months )
Independent Management Consultant involved in process review, process redesign and contract review.
January 1999 - January 2002 ( 3 years )
Director- Global Wireless Solutions Group
Implemented product development and project management expertise, supporting a 10-month, $10 million enterprise implementation of a new multi-channel, retail brokerage business in Hong Kong. Spearheaded issue resolution between senior management, development teams and other stakeholders to insure timely delivery consistent with project objectives, scope and budget.
• Completed initial customer/market research and technology feasibility study on three countries prior to recommending Hong Kong for product deployment. This led to responsibility for and the direction of a diverse international team with a $2 million budget.
• Managed and created the Business and Marketing requirements documents (BRD/MRD), customer service models, customer collateral and a public relations strategy.
• Coordinated the design, content and navigation for a Wireless Markup Language (WML) application for a Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) mobile phone. Conducted customer usability research to assess the navigational impact of the trading application on a wireless device.
• Negotiated and closed critical path contractual issues between 3rd party vendors, outside counsel and the project management team, resulting in the execution of 3 carrier agreements and 1 technology partner and service level agreements aligned with the firm’s business practice and values.
Senior Marketing Manager-International Marketing
• Responsible for new product development initiatives, which resulted in the launch of web-enabled foreign exchange services, international advisors source and international wireless solutions.
Strategic analyst – Charles Schwab Europe
• Developed business case and led marketing team of up to 10 people with a budget of £700,000 for the development of an Independent Savings Account (ISA) product. This included: customer research, communication design, Internet development, systems evaluation and implementation.
January 1995 - January 1997 ( 2 years )
FIDELITY INVESTMENT ADVISOR GROUP - UK 1997 - 1998
• Managed the de-conversion of client relationships during the closure of the UK operations.
FIDELITY BROKERAGE GROUP (FBG) - BOSTON 1995 - 1997
Brokerage Development Group Associate- Various Positions
• Carried out a quantitative market segmentation analysis by channel to determine market potential for a focused marketing campaign.
• Managed the creation of the first international fixed income desk for FBG.
• Key role in the analysis and launch of the Small Advisor Program.
January 1994 - January 1994
FUJI BANK LTD. - Japan 1994
Summer Associate, International Treasury Division
London Business School
MBA of Business Management and Strategy
1993 - 1995
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) of Economics
1984 - 1987
St. Andrew's College
High School Diploma of
1979 - 1984