To access Pedro Semprine's full profile
I am a forward thinking and innovative Procurement / Supply Chain professional with a proven ability to streamline operations, work across international and multicultural teams, and achieve significant cost savings in a multimillion-dollar environment.
Common themes that have run throughout my professional career have been SAP system roll-out implementation, outstanding vendor management and development, materials management, strategic sourcing, supply chain and procurement processes optimization, as well as my ability to see the "big picture" adding as much value as possible by integrating the procurement function into corporate goals.
COMPANY NAME: IPEX
JOB TITLE: Advisor / Analyst
CATEGORY: Components & Parts
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Senior
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: SAP
February 2018 - July 2018 ( 5 months ) | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Construction and Oil & Gas projects Sourcing, Logistics and Expediting operations:
• Establish and optimize sourcing strategies (RFI, RFQ, RFP, RFT, Frame/Company agreements) for major CAPEX projects and OPEX corporate needs, such as: IT, Facilities, Legal, Marketing and many different professional services and corporate goods/equipment;
• Procurement focal point of all actions related to improvement and measurement of interfaces with internal stakeholders by defining, implementing and measuring KPI’s;
• Company’s Innovation team member for Procurement tools and best practices.
OMNI Air Taxi
August 2017 - November 2017 ( 3 months ) | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
• Supervise and manage Procurement activities and a team of 9 buyers during the whole tender process of required materials and services (raw materials, MRO, capital equipment, and operational items), ensuring cost effective acquisition, compliance with specifications and regulations, and maintenance schedule requirements;
• Maintain statistical data required reports, including Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR), ensuring approved company procurement system;
• Liaise with the IT department implementing Procurement solutions/systems in regards to processes automatization and optimization.
March 2016 - August 2017 ( 1 year, 5 months ) | Sao Paulo, Brazil
• Manage a team of 5 buyers and all relevant functions within the Company and guarantee the maximization of effectiveness and efficiency of the sourcing process in order to satisfy business and individual project needs by optimizing procurement capabilities, promoting and maintaining outstanding relationships with Vendors in line with the code of ethic;
• Contribute to the risk management strategies related to procurement activities by supporting project execution in order to maximize savings, and diffusion of policies, standards, guidelines and work instructions within the Procurement function;
• Head of procurement for ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 implementation to ensure continuous improvement of procurement tools in order to optimize the overall process.
April 2014 - February 2016 ( 1 year, 10 months ) | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
• Strong interface with major international suppliers especially for pipes, coating, structures, cathodic protection, chemical supplies, Offshore services;
• Supplier negotiations, comprehensive analysis of commercial terms and conditions related to procurement of goods and services, experience and good understanding of supply contracts;
• Work with the line of business to develop accurate forecasts of required goods and services;
Technical Buyer Sr.
September 2012 - April 2014 ( 1 year, 7 months ) | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
• SAP Key User (MM) to support the integrated system implementation in order to increase effective utilization and adoption of such Procurement tool;
• Regularly communicate with stakeholders on supplier performance, supporting claim preparation/ resolution and liquidated damages, in accordance with terms and conditions;
• Support implementation of Common Process/Systems, and other supply chain initiatives as required;
• Procurement Milestone Plan (PMP) management, working close together with Planning Engineers, Project/Supply/Engineering Managers;