To access Mark K. Astley's full profile
Twenty plus years in International Sourcing, working for IKEA Trading and Tesco Sourcing in Home Furnishing supply.
- Securing the supply chain in Quality, Social and Environmental assurance - securing brand protection and production efficiency development.
- Working on and leading sourcing projects to reduce price and increase supplier social and ethical compliance.
- Developing sourcing strategies for different production and material techniques to secure a total range offer at price and specification level.
- Working across Various Product Categories including textiles, plastic and metal.
- Securing direct materials and their production capacity in the supply chain - securing legal compliance at the sub contract and sub supplier level.
- Working across varied industries, production and material techniques improving product and production quality including furniture, textile, injection moulding and metalwork manufacturing.
- Leading and managing Supplier Development in UK, Eastern Europe and Asia achieving production efficiency, product development and costs reductions.
- Management responsibilities at Category and General Management level across a number of offices, teams and countries in Asia.
- Developing Regional Strategic and Operational Management across South Asia to increase operational efficiency, greater integration and alignment of teams across the region.
JOB TITLE: Managing Director - securing the good in business
FUNCTION: Consultancy, Strategy, & Transformation
INDUSTRY: Supply Chain
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: CEO
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Other
Robert Vernon Associates - Good Business Growth Consulting
September 2014 - Present
Leader and innovator at Robert Vernon Associates - operational and strategic training, development and consultancy services in international sourcing and vendor factory management.
General Manager Hardlines
Tesco International Sourcing
June 2012 - June 2014 ( 2 years ) | Gurgaon India
Tesco International Sourcing - Homeshop Category Management and supporting other Tesco Hardline categories to source production capacity in South Asia.
IKEA Trading Services Hong Kong
August 2009 - June 2012 ( 2 years, 10 months ) | Dhaka, Bangladesh
Assuring the global delivery of home furnishing textiles from well managed factories that secure Quality, Social and Environmental performance that leads to the best price and availability for the customer..
Quality Manager Trading South Asia
IKEA Trading Hong Kong
July 2004 - July 2009 ( 5 years ) | Delhi, India
TQE Manager Trading South Europe
August 1998 - July 2004 ( 5 years, 11 months ) | Vienna, Austria
Quality Manager UK Trading
IKEA Trading Services
June 1992 - July 1998 ( 6 years, 1 month ) | Stockport, UK
May 1987 - February 1990 ( 2 years, 9 months ) | Runcorn, UK
Gandalf Digital Communications
January 1981 - January 1987 ( 6 years ) | Warrington, UK
University College Salford
HND of Quality Management
1990 - 1992
North Cheshire College
Dip IIM of Industrial Management
1982 - 1986