To access Mano Athulathmudali's full profile
Accomplished manager with over 15 year track record of successful strategic and tactical leadership within the service and manufacturing industries. in North America , and Asia Pacific.
COMPANY NAME: ALS
JOB TITLE: Regional Head
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Senior
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Other
Procurement Manager- APAC
February 2019 - Present | Brisbane, Australia
Head of Procurement for APAC , managing Procurement Transformation for ALS
Category Management / Contract Management Specialist
August 2018 - January 2019 ( 5 months ) | Brisbane, Australia
Manager Sourcing and Procurement - Supply Chain Management
Brookfield Global Relocation Services
February 2014 - July 2018 ( 4 years, 5 months ) | Brisbane Australia / Toronto Canada
global procurement, strategy development, and supplier management for the Supply Chain Management team.
Global Alliance Manager Sourcing – Strategic Services & Supply Chain Management
Brookfield Global Relocation Services
January 2010 - February 2014 ( 4 years, 1 month ) | Toronto Canada
Strategic Sourcing, strategy development, and supplier management
• Project Manager for the development and implementation of a robust global sourcing strategy of total value management (TVM) within Brookfield GRS, promoting long-term financial befits via short-term changes
Senior Manager Supply Chain & Business Development /General Manager
Intima (pvt) limited
June 2006 - October 2009 ( 3 years, 4 months )
• Directed supply chain operations, business development, and client services for two comprehensive business units functioning directly under the CEO, was the youngest member and first ever female in the executive committee.
• Led a high-performing team of 32 employees to exceed performance goals for the group, managing production across Sri Lanka, China, India, and Thailand.
• Performed role of General Manager between August 2006 and July 2009 while also performing role of Senior Manager Supply Chain & Business Development
• Oversaw end to end Supply Chain Management & Logistics for 2 manufacturing units with a combined monthly production volume over 1 million units with over 20 style changes.
• Slashed operating expenses by $1 million by redesigning the production process to share operations within a modular line, that require less capital expenditure and expertise.
• Increased efficiency ratio by 5% by combining procedures performed by individual operators.
• Increased overall revenue by 8% in 2007 / 2008 through making significant contributions to the development and implementation of various process improvements.
• Initiated an enhanced costing methodology reducing cost per unit by 30%.
• Implemented a standardised pricing strategy to reduce the annual spend by 8%.
• Headed business development for the group achieving 15% increase in sales volume in 2008 by leading buyer negotiations and design presentations.
• Established profitable, efficient supply chain strategies and business development strategies for the group resulting in increased sales volumes in structured and non structured apparels in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
• Headed the purchase, conversion and rollout of a full ERP system (Blue Lotus ERP systems) in collaboration with the software company.
• Spearheaded KPIs for supplier performance and the implementation of a partner forum - a platform to meet with stakeholders which significantly improved supplier relations and corporate image.
Business Manager Merchandising (Supply Chain)
January 2000 - June 2006 ( 6 years, 5 months ) | Colombo
• Managed end to end purchasing, merchandising, marketing, and client services functions leading a team of 12 Merchandisers, Account Managers, and Designers to manage 30% of the total production volume. Reported to Marketing Director.
• Increased departmental revenue by 25% creating material cost and performance management programs to improve on-time delivery performance, overall product quality, and client satisfaction.
• Sourced and negotiated pricing for 200 items with an annual purchase value of $10 million.
• Active member and a primary contributor to the SAP implementation of the material management module.
Charted Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) - UK
MCIPS designation of Supply Chain Management
2013 - 2013
Supply Chain Management Association of Canada (SCMA)
Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP) Desig of Supply Chain Management
2009 - 2013
University of Toronto - Rotman School of Management
MBA Essentials for Managers of Business Management
2013 - 2013
University of Colombo
MBA of Business Administration
2003 - 2006
Charted Institute of Marketing - UK
Charted Marketer & MCIM designation of Marketing
2000 - 2003
Institute for Supply Management - USA (ISM)
Cerified Professional in Supply Mangement of Supply chain Management
2013 - 2014
B.Com of Commerce
2014 - 2014