To access Mainul Hasan Rumen MCIPS's full profile
At the outset of my professional career, which I embarked on over 9 years ago, I chose to work in Supply Chain Management – focusing on Procurement. I have worked as a procurement professional in both manufacturing and service organizations. I have been fortunate to have multinationals as my employers all along, where the fast paced and challenging environment helped cultivate myself as a self-reliant, confident and effective professional – qualities that are necessary to compete, contribute and succeed in today’s fast paced, demanding and constantly changing professional world.
Procurement (purchasing and supply) is now recognized as a vital discipline towards ensuring operational success, efficiency, competitiveness and growth of all types of organizations –development, business or government. I have enhanced and refined, in the course of my professional career, competences in cross-functional team-working, stakeholder management, conflict management, promoting innovation and learning culture, adaptability, strategic thinking, and corporate vision.
To anchor my experience-based capabilities on a solid foundation of relevant world-class education, I enrolled myself in 2011 with the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply of the UK and become an MCIPS in 2013. Needless to say, MCIPS confers membership into a select group of procurement professionals who have recognition and acceptability in almost any country of the world.
JOB TITLE: Lead Specialist Sourcing, Governance and Strategy, Specialist Sourcing Governance and Strategy
INDUSTRY: IT & Telecommunications
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Senior
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Oracle
Lead Specialist Sourcing, Governance and Strategy
December 2014 - Present | Dhaka, Bangladesh
Ensures sourcing governance and strategy conducting regular governance reviews of the Contracts (Financial Management, Relationship Management, Performance Management (SLA), Contract Management) and contractual constructs are fit for purpose and mitigate any risk exposures; works with the vendors to progress the goals and objectives of the set of agreements:
• Act as point of escalation for Category Management framework to create standardized category approach across categories.
• Leading Vendor Relationship Management (VRM) framework, process and single point of contact for VRM implementation and change management.
• Maintains sourcing performance management metrics and follow up targets
• This role will meet with all divisional stakeholders on a need basis for sourcing process and development and global teams for issue clarification, resolution and reporting – Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Governance Meetings; and Periodic Reviews with vendors relationship framework.
• Interface with periodic internal and external auditors for sourcing process, including follow up and remedial action plans.
Specialist Sourcing Governance and Strategy
December 2011 - Present | Dhaka, Bangladesh
“The Specialist Sourcing Governance and Strategy is responsible for the overall Procurement and Supply Chain process efficiency and performance improvement, which includes understanding, documenting, and re-engineering the existing process. He/she is also to verify operational effectiveness and efficiency of key control by assessing whether controls are consistently operating as designed. Prepare Category Management Framework for Strategic Sourcing. Ensure compliance with law, regulations, policy, procedure and guidelines and report findings and development conclusion to management. Heavily engage in Telenor Global Sourcing process development community which includes all 14 BUs around the world."
Sourcing Process Development and Assurance:
• Develop and update GP Sourcing Policy, Manual, Work instructions and Forms and Contract Templates to ensure compliance to Global Sourcing Procedure
• Evaluate the quality of the sourcing processes and Identify root causes for any deviations identified.
• Design and perform assurance tests for sourcing processes, systems and tools
• Assess adequacy and effectiveness of procedural control to ensure management comfort
• Procedural risk mitigation through recommending corrective actions and follow-up (to reduce business risk, achieve cost savings and achieve Operational Excellence)
• Internal and external alignment under the principle of one company one principle
• Reporting, follow-up and implement improvement plans
• Develop and implement sourcing assurance plan to cover entire work area effectively and efficiently
• Ensure process alignment with other divisions/departments
• Produce and present Sourcing reports to Management Team
• And ad hoc requirement from sourcing management and group
• Sourcing Interface for SoX Control issues
• Sourcing interface for Internal Audit
Procurment Assistant Manager
September 2011 - November 2011 ( 2 months ) | Dhaka, Bangladesh
“Technical Procurement, sourcing of foreign and local suppliers, tender, bid evaluation, negotiation and award contract of network equipment by ensuring SLA's & KPI's."
• Suppliers Competitive analysis with justified technical and financial evaluation.
• Negotiation with the best terms and condition.
• Handling purchase requisition, Service level along with manages and operates all day to day procurement activities through ERP – Oracle System
• Departmental Weekly reporting.
• Supplier appraisal and vendor rating
Executive, Procurement & Sourcing, Supply Chain Management
Novartis (Bangladesh) Limited
January 2009 - August 2011 ( 2 years, 7 months ) | Dhaka, Bangladesh
“Procurement and sourcing aimed to ensure the availability of imported goods, raw materials and local packaging materials for resale and manufacturing purpose.”
• Responsible for all Imported finished goods by placing order to foreign and Local suppliers and opening of L/C for the product specified in the Purchase Requisition; As well as secondary packaging materials for local production.
• Coordinating activities among suppliers, marketing & sales department.
• Ensure compliance with Govt. Import Policy, Customs Regulations, Drugs Administration, QC Purchase Spec, NBL_FRA and Treasury Guidelines, SAP & Price Change Approvals as and when applicable.
• Crate Purchase order ( in SAP) based on the Purchase Requisition from Export & Materials Management.
• Ensure compliance with Novartis Code of Conduct, Corporate Citizenship in own scope of procurement activities.
• Goods Receive request to warehouse for Stock items after updating the Purchase Order with Customs duty, Insurance and other financial expenses.
• User of SAP R/3 (MM) module, ROFO analysis & calculation of Month coverage report.
• All FDF imported from Novartis Pharma and Vaccine and Diagnostics.
• All imported FDF of Sandoz Division.
• Maintain cool chain supply chain and distribution Novartis vaccination and diagnostics business unit.
• Classification of product and material by categorized by ABC / XYZ analysis to reduce inventory pressure.
• Develop network of suppliers and prepare procurement proposals.
• Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
• Procurement of Indirect procurement such as CAPEx purchase, maintenance and Facilities Services.
• Development of Alternative sources
• Maintain Effective communication with different stakeholder, DRA, Customs, Bank, Forwarder & Marketing people.
• Prepare global report.
• Participation in monthly Sales & Operations Meeting (S&Op)
• Launch Management
Officer, Export Operations, Supply Chain Management.
Novartis (Bangladesh) Limited
July 2007 - December 2008 ( 1 year, 5 months ) | Dhaka, Bangladesh
• Delivery of finish products to customers around the world in different HUB by maintaining agreed service level and high quality lead time.
• Export Documentation
• Order management and Dispatch management
• Logistics Management
• Demand forecasting and RCCP (Rough Cut Capacity Planning)
• SAP R/3
• Managing stakeholders: BANK, C&F Agent, Customs and Drug regulatory affairs DRA as well.
The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply - CIPS, UK
Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply of Purchasing, Procurement/Acquisitions and Contracts Managemen
2011 - 2013
Daffodil International University
MBA of Marketing
2005 - 2007
London Metropolitan University
BSc CIS of Computing & Information System
2001 - 2004