To access Leanne Edwards's full profile
I am a fully qualified, dedicated and enthusiastic procurement professional with experience of working in both the public and private sector across a range of categories. I have a strong interest in SME friendly procurement and collaboration between procurement bodies and bidding suppliers. I am committed to continual professional development and I am currently in the process of completing an MSc in Strategic Procurement Management at the University of South Wales.
JOB TITLE: Senior Category Manager IM&T, Procurement Officer
INDUSTRY: Health Care & Pharmaceuticals
CATEGORY: IT - Software
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Intermediate
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Other
Senior Category Manager IM&T
NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership
January 2017 - Present | Swansea
RCT Homes Ltd.
August 2014 - Present | Pontypridd, UK.
• Management of the RCT Homes ‘Open Spaces and Neighbourhood Development’ pan South Wales framework. Ensuring efficient procurement of goods and services relating to the neighbourhood and environmental development programme(s).
• Led and supported on various OJEU and Non-OJEU procurements for RCT Homes including Out of Hours Services, Painting & Minor Repairs, Doors/Door Entry, Passenger Lifts, Fire Alarms, Loft Insulation, Kitchens, Building Materials, Demolition, Fleet, Insurance & Brokerage, Recruitment, Cleaning Services, and Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
• Review of RCT Homes Insurance strategy and the following procurement process achieved a saving of approx. 50% (£436,000) per annum.
• Use of e-auction to drive a saving of 56% (Painting & Minor Repairs), this was a new process for RCT Homes.
• Use of Bravo software to run a forward e-auction to sell 4 RCT’s Properties. This had never been done before in Wales demonstrating innovation and project management skills.
• Taken an active role in marketing RCT Homes collaborative Frameworks to other Housing Associations and Registered Social Landlords.
• Involved in the preparation of NEC Contracts (Option A & B, Contract Data Part 1 & 2) and RCT Homes Standard Terms and Conditions, including bespoke drafting. Using the contracts to reduce risk for example via a Design and Build mechanism.
• Key member of RCT Homes bid team – recently completed a successful tender exercise for a £2,100,000, 3 year contract with RCT CBC.
Procurement Analyst/Hub Buyer HR & Professional Services
January 2013 - August 2014 ( 1 year, 7 months ) | Cwmbran, UK.
• Assigned to a key client (FTSE 100 Oil and Gas Major) covering a spend of over $100,000,000.
• Key categories covered were Indirect HR and Professional Services including consultancy, training, recruitment, staff mobility/travel, fleet vehicles, corporate events/gifts, employee screening, academic research (Joint Industry Projects), software licenses and subscriptions.
• Extensive involvement in negotiation of both rates and terms and conditions both internally with stakeholders and externally with suppliers.
• Achieved savings on a number of contracts amounting to just over $1,000,000 (where savings were possible) and added value to procurements.
• Development of relationships with various stakeholders at all levels of the clients business to ensure that the goods and services are fit for their needs.
• Analysis of spend data to see where savings can be made and waste removed in order to add value to the client.
• Contract management including requesting service credits, extending, terminating and amending contracts where necessary.
• Played a vital role in the implementation of a new Proxima project management system. Assisted with the roll out of this system across the team, trained fellow colleagues and contributed to the continued development of the system.
• Contributed to a number of business bids that Proxima have prepared in order to secure new clients, nominated for Employee of the Month following this.
Supplier Champion/Supplier Development Service Coordinator
March 2009 - December 2012 ( 3 years, 9 months ) | Abercynon, UK.
• Assisting SME’s from a range of sectors to complete public sector tender documents via face-to-face appointments and remotely via e-mail with the aim of keeping Welsh public sector money in Wales.
• Worked on several successful bids with a value in excess of £5,000,000.
• Advised Local Authorities’ on SME friendly procurement strategies which were built in from the start of the process.
• Supported e-procurement developments including Sell 2 Wales, Alito, Bravo Solutions and e-auctions.
• Facilitated collaborative procurement, supporting the formation of consortiums and Joint Ventures with the aim of putting together collaborative tender bids.
• Developed relationships with public sector bodies so that they were aware of the service was offered and to ensure that SME friendly procurement strategies were applied to as much public sector spend as possible.
• Presented at a number of business events and up-skilling workshops with the aim of helping SME’s to improve their tender bids.
• Responsible for the management of the project budgets and supporting the various events.
• Managed a £400,000 budget annually for both staff and events costs.
• Monitored KPI’s to track the team’s performance and the performance of subcontractors.
• Managed the marketing and communication activities for the service which involved developing, organising and administering hundreds of events. .
• Active member of the equality and diversity team at Venture Wales which ensured that the SDS provided an inclusive service.
University of South Wales
Graduate Dipolma in Purchasing & Supplu Chain (MCIPS) of
2010 - 2013
BA Hons Geography of
2005 - 2008