To access Gordon Morrow's full profile
Qualified in Business Management with extensive experience in business acumen and have strong leadership and management skills in administration, finance and staff coordination, where I have improved operational effectiveness both in facilities and equipment in managing several sites across Australia.
• Contract Administration of sub-contractors and vendors – Prepare scope of work, RFQ and contract documents, – Completion of Risk Assessment, Compliance with OH&S to ensure compliance to project specifications with increased safety awareness
• Contract Management of equipment, assets, parts, services and materials for projects
• Operations Management of facilities, sites, buildings and equipment across several projects
• Strategic Procurement, Business Planning, Performance and Logistics Management for projects
• WHS Management and Team Leadership and Operations coordinator of staff, goods and equipment
• Supply Chain leadership – warehouse, parts and materials coordination and supply, freight across Australia for distribution to sites
JOB TITLE: Senior Procurement Specialist/Manager
CATEGORY: Components & Parts
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Senior
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Other
Procurement & Sourcing Specialist
June 2010 - July 2013 ( 3 years, 1 month ) | Newcastle NSW
• Operations management of existing contracts for parts, goods and services across Australia with strong negotiation and process for tendering of new contracts.
• Directed operations and project management of Maintenance contract and Service across Australia with strategic cost management particularly rail wagons and services of rail transport
• Sourcing and negotiation with numerous vendors to ensure quality equipment, parts, services and goods to be supplied to various projects across Australia with cost savings of 25%.
• Operational management of the design, equip and procure Capex proposals of maintenance vehicles, plant and equipment with cost savings of 35%
• Through strategic negotiation and sourcing implemented cost savings across consumable, equipment and supply of goods and materials by 30%
• Implemented Category Management for services & consumables:
• All hire equipment required in various sites across Australia with cost savings of 40%
• Travel, accommodation, labour hire and professional services reducing costs by 10%
• Freight for parts, equipment and supplies across Australia and import from overseas with 20% cost reduction
• Vehicles: trucks, lease vehicles and hire vehicles for several projects across Australia resulting in increased reduction in costs by 20%
• Initiated KPI Management of vendors to improve vendor performance and adherence to contracts
• Operations management with improvements to facility management procedures of building, equipment and inventory management with cost savings of 20%
• Directed operational management of all safety on site including all personnel, mine sites, transport of goods, plant operation, equipment & vehicles across Australia.
• Improved warehouse management and demand planning of all parts and supplies for maintenance work and projects with improvements to stock and spare parts.
Diploma of Business Management and Administration
2006 - 2006