To access Gillian obasiagbon's full profile
JOB TITLE: Procurement/Contracts Professional
INDUSTRY: Government & Public Sector
CATEGORY: BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) Services
Crown Commercial Service
October 2014 - Present
Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
March 2014 - October 2014 ( 7 months )
Crown Commercial Service Transition Team at the Department for Works and Pensions
March 2000 - February 2014 ( 13 years, 11 months )
Supporting the Business Management team, enhancing Cross-functional collaboration with third party provisions/employers to train and place clients into work
Key Achievements included:
Devised effective strategies to increase employment opportunities for clients and place them into work
Responsible for establishing and maintaining strategic third party and stakeholder relations with key internal/external partners and employers
Helped customers to draw up realistic and meaningful work action plans, advised on job goals and best way forward
Successfully sold the Government Employment initiative to Large/Local employers reminding them of their social responsibility and substainaility to the community
Coaching/Mentoring new and existing staff
Worked effectively with senior management on a number of presentations and awareness projects
Conflict resolution to counteract barriers to Employment
Fab Food Patissere
February 1998 - February 2000 ( 2 years )
· Assisted in inventory control as it relates to all current regions and future regions as they occur.
· Assisted in resolving customer and store level departmental issues, such as product requests and quality control.
· Assisted in coordinating product training seminars for store personnel.
· Assisted in building and nurturing productive long-term relationships with store level personnel, operations and our vendor community.
· Assisted in product placement for new items or lines while assisting in the deletion or reduction on other items in
· Assisted in developing ads that help increase sales.
· Particepated in effective negotiating and buying to maintain the highest possible margin and customer appeal when selecting items and prices
· Helped create a fun and friendly atmosphere around the office and in your everyday dealings with co-workers, vendors and supervision
· Maintained a strong work relationship with Perishable Category Manager to ensure effective cross functioning.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Britvic Soft Drinks
February 1996 - January 1998 ( 1 year, 11 months )
My role included:
Sales Order Processing
Batch Sheet Raising
Liaising with Production, Sales and Technical departments
Updating systems with new product information
Organising delivery of product to customers
Purchase Order Processing
General Office duties including answering the phones and Counting/banking money
January 1995 - January 1996 ( 1 year )
Took charge of all the building services, looking after contracts that included maintenance, cleaning, waste removal, utilities and security. Oversaw any work that needed repair. Acted quickly on issues with any aspect of our facilities. Was responsible for Purchasing office services and equipment: everything from postal services and reception to stationery. Joint developed specifications for a huge range of contracts, got involved in small value procurement as well as ongoing contract monitoring. kept a close eye on budgets. Motivated and developed two Facilities Administrators, made sure our Reception team delivered a great service. At every stage, I saw to it that every one of our people complied with health, safety and environmental regulations.
CIPS Level 6
of Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply (Examination
2014 - 2015
CIPS Level 5
Advance Diploma in Procurement and Supply (examination route of
2013 - 2014
Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
CIPS Level 4, examination route (Completed/Achieved) of Diploma in Procurement and Supply
2012 - 2013
University of Benin
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) of Economics/Statistics