To access Ed King's full profile
JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Manager
INDUSTRY: IT & Telecommunications
CATEGORY: IT - Software
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Intermediate
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Other
Supply Chain Manager
January 2017 - Present | Surrey
In addition to the Technical Buyer role, I am now also responsible for the following across the full range of Memset's suppliers...
* Identification of critical suppliers.
* Creation and maintenance of a supplier information database.
* Carrying out supplier assessments on all new and existing suppliers
* Assisting with supplier compliance audits.
* Creating and monitoring key performance indicators for suppliers.
* Assisting with capacity planning and the creation of capex spend monitoring and forecasting models.
* Managing all third-party contracts, reviews and renewals.
* Managing tender processes.
* Market intelligence reviews.
November 2012 - January 2017 ( 4 years, 2 months ) | Surrey
Memset are one of the UK's cheapest and best hosting companies. Our Miniserver VM® virtual servers' per-month pricing is lower than all other British providers, per-hour less than Amazon EC2 for RAM & CPU, and our cloud storage solution, Memstore™, is between Amazon S3's standard and reduced redundancy tiers. Further, Memset has been voted UK’s Best Web Host 7 years running by PCPro magazine readers and has won the prestigious ISPA Best Managed Service 2011 award and the DCS Best Public Cloud Product 2012. Memset started offering virtual machines on short time scales in 2002.
Since then Memset has developed a comprehensive, integrated suite of highly automated provisioning, asset management, billing and CRM systems built on open source software with our own enhancements (Memset pays no license fees). Memset are also expert in delivering enterprise-class resilience using commodity hardware.
Memset was Britain’s first Carbon Neutral ISP and the first hosting company to gain all three of ISO9001 quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO27001 information security certified management systems. Memset is also an IaaS/PaaS G-Cloud Foundation Delivery Supplier and our Virtual Machines are IL-2 accredited.
My specific role includes:
* Sourcing hardware and infrastructure for use in Memset's data centres.
* Planning future stock-holding requirements.
* Negotiating the best prices with suppliers.
* Asset management.
* Disposing of unwanted inventory.
September 1999 - November 2012 ( 13 years, 2 months ) | Southampton
As well as continuing to both buy and sell IT I ensured the development and smooth operation of a variety of business functions including:
* Vendor management (including IBM, Lexmark, Epson and Xerox)
* Customer service and returns
* Quality management
* Health and safety
March 1998 - September 1999 ( 1 year, 6 months ) | Southampton
I first joined Rivermain as an Account Manager, where I performed the following tasks:
* Building and maintaining relationships with customers.
* Sourcing and buying IT equipment in line with the needs of clients.
* Negotiating prices with both customers and suppliers in order to maximise profit.
* Organising the successful import and export of goods.
* Ensuring that orders were successfully completed.
Info'Products UK plc
November 1996 - March 1998 ( 1 year, 4 months ) | Chelmsford
As the senior buyer in the Services division I was responsible for ensuring that engineers had the right parts for the job at the right time. Duties included:
* Sourcing and purchasing of IT hardware.
* Ensuring that orders were delivered in a timely manner.
* Managing supplier relationships.
* Liaising with technical staff to determine the most efficient and cost-effective solutions.
* Estimating the likely cost of parts to support new contracts.
* Evaluating the stock-holding requirement.
University of Sussex
BSc (hons) of Chemical Physics
1990 - 1993
University of Southampton
PGCE of Science / Chemistry
1993 - 1994