To access Chontelle Kelly's full profile
With five years of diverse experience in a variety of roles across heavy manufacturing and building components, I am a procurement professional with a keen interest in automation/standardisation and a strength in building relationships. I actively seek new opportunities and am recognised for my energy, enthusiasm and confidence. One of my strongest assets is my ability to foster relationships across all levels of an organisation.
I see educating the new generation about Supply Chain Management as a first career choice as an opportunity of immense value for the future of the procurement profession. With an aging population, the supply chain & procurement profession needs to market itself as a 'sexy' career choice to attract and retain talent from new generations to become the future leaders of the industry.
My passion for supply chain began straight from high school, when I obtained a position as a Procurement Cadet at BlueScope Steel. After managing a full-time workload alongside study, I was awarded my Bachelor degree with Distinction. In 2017, I was named a Top 100 Future Leader by GradConnection in the Australian Financial Review and was a finalist for the Nestlé Supply Chain Award.
I recently lead discussions around millennials in the procurement profession at the November 2017 Ladies in Procurement event and presented at the Geelong and Melbourne launches of Wayfinder: Supply Chain Careers for Womenn
JOB TITLE: Procurement & Supply Chain Analyst
CATEGORY: BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) Services
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Intermediate
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: SAP
Next Gen Supply Chain Graduate
January 2018 - Present | Melbourne
Working in the Operations Management team at the Altona distribution centre.
Procurement Analyst / Cadet
January 2013 - November 2017 ( 4 years, 10 months )
Procurement cadetship where I rotated through a number of roles including procurement analyst, contract management, category management, property, commercial, supply chain and logistics.
Key achievements include:
• Coordinated an auction of redundant assets, equipment and furniture to generate revenue over $100k on items that would have otherwise been disposed of at a cost.
• Achieved 10% rental reductions across four major sites.
• Stakeholder engagement, data analysis, market research, workshop facilitation, contract negotiations and contract preparations across a variety of categories.
• Full automation of monthly and quarterly reports through Microsoft Access, VBA and SQL. Reports were previously manual and required significant time to pull together. All reporting now requires maximum 2 clicks of a button with minimal manual input, leaving more time for value-adding activities.
• Chairperson of the BlueScope Cadet Development Committee 2016 - responsible for the coordination of a committee of a diverse network of cadet disciplines to manage cadet development activities across the calendar year including organising key speakers including senior management and executive management.
University of Wollongong
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) of Supply Chain Management
2013 - 2015
• George Robert Quinsey OAM RSL Scholarship Recipient 2017, 2016, 2013.
• IRT Prize for Systems Thinking and Simulation 2017.
• Business International Peer Mentor 2017.
• UOW Global Buddy Program 2017.
• GradConnection Top 100 Future Leader 2017.
• Nestle Supply Chain Award Finalist 2017.
• COMM335: International Business Study Tour to Singapore and Malaysia in July 2016.
• New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant Recipient 2016.
• Invitation from Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to attend the Trans-Tasman Business Circle Emerging Leaders in Conversation representing NCP Singapore alumni in December 2016.