To access Bikas Pal's full profile
Procurement & Sourcing leader with 11+ years of experience in Direct & Indirect Procurement in Manufacturing as well as Service Industry.
COMPANY NAME: Boehringer Ingelheim India Private Limited
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager
INDUSTRY: Health Care & Pharmaceuticals
CATEGORY: Professional Services
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Senior
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: SAP
Senior Manager – Purchase
Boehringer Ingelheim India Private Limited
May 2017 - Present | Mumbai
• Develop a robust Procurement strategy and negotiate new best-in-class agreements in conjunction with stakeholders.
• Effectively partnering with sourcing and procurement teams globally to ensure best support to businesses and stakeholders.
• Work with cross functional and/or cross regional teams to drive sourcing and procurement initiatives that add value to business.
• Establish strong collaborative relationships with internal groups including Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Logistics, Warehousing, Legal, and others.
• Continually lead and challenge the evaluation and identification of requirements following full spend and specification and strategy analysis to ensure that developed procurement strategies are aligned with the business.
• Managing a 3 – person team of sourcing managers, including driving employee engagement, performance & managing responsibility for hiring & developing skill sets on the Sourcing team
• Agreements’ commercial terms evaluation and negotiation.
• Data analysis, market intelligence and benchmarking to aid the business to choose the right strategies at a local level.
• Other categories managed: Professional Services, Marketing Services, Hotels, Airlines, MICE, and Logistics.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
September 2011 - April 2017 ( 5 years, 7 months ) | Mumbai
• Be responsible for supporting Category Management with the identification, selection, sourcing, development and management of suppliers supporting multiple categories specific to Professional Services.
• Audit suppliers against contracted agreements as well as participate in the implementation of new policies and procedures.
• Work closely with internal partners to develop and execute supply strategies for specific suppliers.
• Use market research in sourcing decisions to ensure category objectives and targets are met.
• Support category managers by leading vendor selection decisions, policies and performance.
• Assist in development of purchasing policies and procedures supporting category initiatives and ensure category KPI targets are being achieved.
• Lead global category supplier relationships and sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, negotiations, etc. if applicable.
• Execute global and/or local strategies and work towards developing a sourcing pipeline with cohesive and cost-saving agreements.
• Be accountable for global contract agreements and addendums, ensuring valid local contracts are in place.
May 2009 - November 2010 ( 1 year, 6 months ) | Mumbai
• Packaging Material Procurement profile worth USD 4.5 Mn of Packaging Materials viz., Drums, HDPE Bottles & Labels.
• Indirect Procurement profile worth USD 0.6 Mn of Travel, Professional Services, Marketing Services, Office supplies, BOPP Tapes.
• Negotiate Packaging supply contracts, service contracts & ongoing pricing to ensure quality packaging & security of supply at best value.
• Compliance of the Organization’s Health, Safety, Security fa& Environment (HSSE) Policy with regards to the Inbound Materials.
Officer – Purchase
Asian Paints Limited
September 2005 - February 2008 ( 2 years, 5 months ) | Mumbai
• Packaging Material Procurement profile worth USD 1.3 Mn.
• Indirect Procurement profile worth USD 0.5 Mn of Professional Services, Logistics, Marketing Services, Office supplies, BOPP Tapes.
• Ensuring the quality rejection cases are properly closed with the Vendors after consideration of CAPA.
• Considerations of Full Truck Loads, MOQs, Pack Sizes, etc. before the Orders are placed to the Vendors.
• To ensure that materials are sufficiently covered at the locations on fortnight basis & ‘zero’ stock outs.
B. Com. of Economics, Organization of Commerce, Direct & Indirect Taxes
2004 - 2005
Prin. L. N. Welingkar's Institute of Management Development
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration – Supply Ch of Purchasing, Inventory Management, Production Planning, Logis
2007 - 2008