To access Ashley Collins (MCIPS)'s full profile
A highly skilled senior strategic sourcing & procurement professional with experience gained in Australia, Europe and the United States in a variety of consulting, business development and middle to senior management postings. As a thought leader I have an excellent track record of successful and sustainable value added outcomes for clients and employers across numerous sectors.
Enjoys the challenge of exceeding both internal and external stakeholder expectations whilst building sustainable relationships with each party. A results driven and customer focused individual with highly developed interpersonal skills who thrives on solving challenging problems.
JOB TITLE: Global Procurement Manager
INDUSTRY: Leisure, Travel, & Tourism
CATEGORY: BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) Services
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Senior
Global Procurement Manager
May 2016 - Present | San Francisco
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group, is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 15 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 35,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalised hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company’s website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet’s most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations, and enhance their service levels.
The Global Sourcing Manager is responsible for building a greenfield procurement function, developing process, policy & procedure for strategic sourcing across a global network. The role will interface across group companies to optimise economies of scale across operational expenditure. Additional responsibilities include the implementation of innovative approaches to procurement and inventory management whilst improving the experience to our customers and vendors that will drive measurable improvement in all areas of operational sourcing and procurement.
January 2015 - April 2016 ( 1 year, 3 months ) | San Francisco
Head of Procurement
McKenzie Aged Care Group Pty Ltd
October 2013 - April 2014 ( 6 months )
Reporting to the CFO the primary purpose and responsibilities of the position are:
* To provide strategic guidance and advice on procurement and supplier management to MACG;
* To imbed strong purchasing and governance processes to support business growth & strategy;
* To negotiate with key suppliers to deliver best value and cost savings to the MACG group;
* Develop & manage and co-ordinate the MACG internal procurement processes;
* Develop strategies to maximise productivity, efficiency and profitability of supply base;
* Run sourcing and RFP events to ensure effective negotiation with key vendors;
* Implement and manage procurement processes across MACG including the management of probity policies and procedures in working with suppliers;
* Manage contract risk and compliance;
* Regular reviews of expense levels to search for opportunities for cost savings and organisational compliance with the purchasing directions.
Strategic Procurement Consultant – Financial Services
3D Procurement Solutions Pty Ltd
February 2013 - April 2013 ( 2 months )
The Services included, but were not limited to:
* Spend analysis to identify opportunities
* Developing category strategies
* Managing tactical cost reduction projects
* Developing sourcing programs and strategies
* Management of strategic sourcing projects through to signing of Client contracts
* Developing supplier relationship strategies
* Management of spend categories on the Clients’ behalf
* Training and mentoring of Client employees in the areas of sourcing & category management
* Renegotiating the Clients’ material supply and services contracts
* Providing strategic procurement advice to the Client
National Procurement Manager
October 2011 - December 2012 ( 1 year, 2 months )
- Management responsibility for a team of 13 Procurement practitioners Nationally;
- Responsible for SUM portfolio of AUD650M;
- Develop and deliver business plans, budgets & procurement strategy for across UGL Services;
- Promote, forecast and report the provision of procurement services across UGL Services client base;
- Lead, coach and develop a team, contractors and consultants specialised in Procurement with appropriate skills and resources;
- Develop & deliver Procurement strategy for UGL Services in order to deliver on competitive advantage and growth;
- Develop, forecast and deliver the external source of revenue in line with client marketing strategy;
- Develop a holistic procurement service offering including sourcing and commodity expertise suited to property industry and Client expectations.
- Develop & deliver continuous improvement procurement strategies to both UGL Services and clients
- Plan, implement and review team organisational requirements to optimise service delivery to all stakeholders.
- Participate as a member of the Group team providing tactical and operational direction of the Business.
3D Procurement Solutions Pty Ltd
August 2009 - October 2011 ( 2 years, 2 months )
3D Procurement Solutions provides consultative subject matter expertise across all dimensions of the procurement & strategic sourcing process. Our focus will be to provide a trusted advisory consultation to suit each individual customer’s objectives.
3D will work collaboratively with the customer to fully understand, DIAGNOSE and identify your requirements. Based upon the customer’s requirements, 3D will DESIGN a project plan that addresses your key objectives. 3D will DELIVER the customer an efficient, effective and sustainable result that realises these key objectives.
National Manager Corporate Purchasing Solutions Aust & NZ
June 2005 - July 2009 ( 4 years, 1 month )
Duties included identifying customer needs within a USD1.4bn pipeline that maximised revenue growth for American Express. This was achieved via the strategic targeting of qualitative & quantitative benefits for clients through the implementation of innovative end to end B2B solutions.
In addition to the above I spent 8 months in the UK working with & supporting the Corporate Purchasing Solution strategic sales process in the UK
Consultant - Procurement & Strategic Sourcing
Consultant - Sole Trading
January 2004 - May 2005 ( 1 year, 4 months )
Senior Sourcing & Category Manager
National Australia Bank
June 2002 - November 2003 ( 1 year, 5 months )
Ansett Air New Zealand
January 2001 - October 2001 ( 9 months )
Strategic Sourcing Consultant
July 1998 - December 2000 ( 2 years, 5 months )
Head of Purchasing & Contracts Consulting Practice
CBX Management Consulting Limited
May 1997 - June 1998 ( 1 year, 1 month )
Group Purchasing Manager
Dun & Bradstreet Australia & UK
June 1993 - April 1997 ( 3 years, 10 months )
Bachelor of Arts of
1984 - 1985
Studied Humanities with a major in Psychology
Christian Brothers College
Higher School Certificate of Humanities/Humanistic Studies
1977 - 1982