To access Ariel Estes's full profile
A versatile and resourceful Project Procurement/Category Manager offering documented success in Global Sourcing Initiatives, Strategy and Implementation. Great passion for all things Latin America with significant experience working with overseas customers. Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Core competencies include:
•Business Improvement/Six Sigma
•P2P system implementation
•Customer/Vendor Relationship Building
•EPCM Contractor Management
JOB TITLE: Category Manager-MRO Goods and Services
CATEGORY: MRO (Maintenance, Repair, & Operational Supplies)
CURRENT LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Other
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: SAP
Category Manager-MRO Goods and Services
January 2018 - Present | Fort Worth, Texas
Currently manage MRO category for all North American Business Units.
P2P Process Champion-Change Manager
Amcor Rigid Plastics
April 2016 - September 2017 ( 1 year, 5 months ) | Ann Arbor, Michigan
• Managed Project to consolidate supply base by 50% across North America Business Units in support of the Ariba P2P implementation.
• Directly negotiated with suppliers for pricing discounts and payment term changes in support of new P2P platform.
• Assisted in managing Indirect and Capital categories along with supporting strategies to ensure proper use of the procure to pay functionality.
• Responsible for all aspects of change management for implementation of Ariba P2P in North and South America.
• Responsible for developing training material and training all users in preparation for implementation.
• Spear headed activities within South America Business Units to review procurement processes and ensure synergies with new system.
Project Procurement Manager
April 2013 - April 2016 ( 3 years ) | Long Beach, California
• Supported the Tesoro and Jacobs Alliance at the Carson Refinery in California, managing $140 million in capital expenditures per year. Work has included purchase of major electrical, mechanical and process equipment supporting a suite of projects at two California refineries.
• Day to day supervision of staff of 5 buyers. Responsibilities include work flow management, reporting of daily activities and enforcement of policies and procedures.
• Responsible for directing and implementing procurement strategy for all projects related to alliance.
• Responsible for continuous improvement ideas and implementation with regards to procurement procedures.
• Managed all procurement activities for suite of projects supporting Ineos and Tesoro Refineries.
Service Delivery Contract Lead/Procurement
Rio Tinto Minerals
February 2010 - April 2013 ( 3 years, 2 months ) | Boron, California
• Managed all Capital spend for Rio Tinto Minerals North America. Responsible for reporting and preparation of procurement activities for 5 year capital plan.
• Managed and established the Ariba e-procurement tool at Boron Operations. Deliverables included training, reporting and creation of planned projects in the system.
• Negotiated $180 million EPCM Agreement to support 5 year capital plan initiative.
• Managed all EPCM contractors working on-site. Work included aligning procurement and project management processes to meet Rio Tinto standards.
• Leadership of day to day procurement activities and mentoring a staff of 5.
• Prepared and established 2012-2015 Capital plan for Boron operations. Work included staffing projects throughout calendar year and establishing procurement plans with project managers. Work included strategic sourcing initiatives with a focus on creating synergies across portfolio of capital projects.
Rio Tinto Procurement
April 2007 - February 2010 ( 2 years, 10 months ) | Salt Lake City, Utah
• Responsible for sourcing suppliers and negotiating contracts for engineering services and mining equipment for all North American mine sites.
• Became proficient in e-sourcing using the Ariba-Procuri tool and helped internal customers achieve savings.
• Responsible for creating strong relationships with internal customers in South America and helped build a strong supplier base in that region.
• Spent two months in Buenos Aires Argentina working on drilling related projects. Work included issuing purchase orders, contracts, sourcing and establishing supplier relationships.
The University of Utah
B.S. Economics of Business/Economics
2001 - 2006