To access Anthony Manuatu's full profile
Born in NZ to parents from the pacific islands I have grown up in a very inclusive family environment with strong values on the family and its importance. I grew up playing a number of sports, excelling in none but always enjoyed being outside on my bike with friends or exploring on my own. I moved to Australia due to limited opportunities in NZ at the time and have enjoyed my time both in Sydney and Melbourne. I have recently moved to Singapore to be with my fiancee as I look to continue my procurement career. Experience in managing and facilitating public tenders, tender negotiations, preparing agreements, purchasing, inquiries, inventory management, vendor management, pricing and credit claims.
INDUSTRY: Government & Public Sector
CATEGORY: HR - Generalist
PRIMARY PROCUREMENT SYSTEM: Other
Senior Procurement Officer
City of Yarra Council
June 2014 - May 2015 ( 11 months ) | Melbourne
Project managed a number of public tenders, which included protracted negotiations with vendors to ensure value for money savings of approximately $300K. I managed all stakeholder involvement and coordinated all tenderer communications, clarifications, interviews & demonstrations.
I also implemented the following business improvements:
• Developed new electronic filing system for improved archiving, easy retrieval and auditing;
• Created new templates and forms for improved probity;
• Developed standard procurement email templates for consistency and improve efficiency; and
• Updated current work instructions by removing redundant and out-dated steps
City of Sydney Council
July 2011 - June 2014 ( 2 years, 11 months ) | Sydney
Project managed over 60 Tenders, 30 Expression of Interests (EOI’s) and 90 Quotations. Contracts ranged from $30,000 up to $5 million. My key duties were:
• Managing all stakeholder involvement and coordination of all correspondence including meetings, interviews, questions and queries;
• Ensuring that Council’s tenders complied internally and with all relevant Government Legislations;
• Chairing all evaluation panels ensuring probity and confidentiality is maintained;
• Preparing Council tender reports and attending Council meetings to answer any relevant questions;
• Reviewing and finalising tender documents, timelines, anticipated costs and expectations with key internal stakeholders to ensure objectives are communicated and resources are available; and
• Distributing Tender documents and maintaining records to ensure information is up to date and available to all stakeholders.
Diploma of Bachelor of Management Studies – Information Systems
1995 - 1998
My degree encompassed areas such as information and web-based technologies, efficient flows of materials, managerial decision-making, business analysis and consultancy, and project management. I also completed a number of IT papers to get an understanding of their role in business management.