CPO Live: Inflation-beating ideas for direct materials
Procurious CPO Live unites Procurement’s best and brightest for unparalleled professional development opportunities through thought-provoking presentations and the opportunity to discuss and develop current ideas.
For manufacturers in every industry, the cost of direct materials is a constant challenge to bottom-line results. Accounting for 20-80% of the cost of finished goods, the materials that make up the final product that is sold to the market are often commodity items, beyond the immediate control of the manufacturer. Yet the organization has a responsibility to its customers, its shareholders, and its partners, to make every effort to minimize the impact of commodity price volatility on its supply chain operations. Hedging is one strategy that some companies have undertaken to reduce the risk of commodity volatility, but the strategy of advanced sourcing through the use of enabling technology has proven in many cases to have a more significant and beneficial impact on the supply chain as a whole.
In collaboration with JAGGAER, this CPO Live Roundtable will look at the challenges in sourcing directs and how we can mitigate risk and deliver strong results.
Topics and Groups discussions include:
- The Role of Technology in your Cost Optimisation Strategy, Simon Thompson, Director, JAGGAER
- Group Discussion: Securing supply quickly and cost effectively, Simon Thompson, Director, JAGGAER and Tania Seary, Founding Chairman, The Faculty, The Source and Procurious
- Metals Outlook, Lisa Reisman, CEO, Metal Miner
- Closing the Loop on Sourcing & Sustainability, Joost de Kluijver, Founder, Closing the Loop
- Data Intelligence for Responsible Sourcing, Mo Ahmad, General Manager EMEA & Partner Strategy, Tealbook
- Group Discussion: Sourcing directs in a responsible/sustainable way, Simon Thompson, Director, JAGGAER and Tania Seary, Founding Chairman, The Faculty, The Source and Procurious
- Managing direct materials is stressful…but so is everyday life! Stuart Thompson, Creator The Still Method, Therapist, Speaker and Trainer
The companies that are making this event possible are:View all sponsors